Teach With Us!
Viva Phonics partners with knowledgeable and energetic teachers to lead one-on-one online tutoring sessions.
- Regular One-on-One Sessions: Conduct 1:1 phonics tutoring sessions with students, meeting at the same time on the same days 3-4 times per week. Build a strong rapport with your students to create a conducive learning environment.
- Communication: Provide weekly updates to the student’s family, keeping them informed about their child’s progress, milestones achieved, and areas requiring additional focus.
- Progress Monitoring: Monitor the progress of your students, assessing their strengths and areas for improvement. Adapt your teaching methods to meet individual learning needs.
- Rescheduling Requests: Occasionally accommodate reschedule requests with advance notice, demonstrating flexibility and understanding of students’ unique scheduling needs.
- Technical Proficiency: Quickly navigate our online platform and troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise during sessions. Ensure a seamless online learning experience for students.
2. Possession of a valid state teaching license.
3. Must be available Monday through Friday afternoons and evenings in the Eastern Time (ET) zone.
4. Commitment to a minimum of 2.5 hours of availability per day.
5. Exhibits a high level of professionalism, punctuality, and responsiveness.
6. Equipped with a headset and has access to a laptop or desktop computer with a direct connection to high-speed internet.
We provide a comprehensive curriculum for your convenience.
- This position offers part-time working hours.
- Yes, we are always hiring!
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, teaching license, and a 3-5 min video demonstration of an online phonics lesson to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include responses to these questions in your cover letter:
- Describe your current role and responsibilities.
- Why are you interested in being an online reading tutor with us?
- When can you begin tutoring with us?
- What is your availability for tutoring? Include days, times, and time zone.
Given the high volume of inquiries, we will only be in touch with candidates under active consideration for a tutoring role.