Terms and Conditions
1. Our Terms
Thank you for choosing Viva Phonics! We understand how falling behind in reading can lead to academic difficulties, and the pressure learning to read creates on parents and children alike. Our website and Services were developed to help readers of all ages improve their reading skills through one-on-one instruction or by providing resources to assist in reading instruction.
This page explains the terms on which you may make use of our website www.vivaphonics.com. Please take the time to read through the Terms and Conditions, which govern both your use of our Services and the website.
Any new features or tools which are added to this website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. We may charge for your free subscription in the future. We will provide notice before we change the free plan.
4. Description of Service
Viva Phonics provides users with a service to learn and practice reading skills. Reading Tutors that provide the reading services are highly qualified with individual degrees or teaching certificates.
Reading plans include live one-on-one or group sessions and access to the online reading course materials.
Viva Phonics resources are only available with a paid tutoring account.
Visiting vivaphonics.com or sending emails to Viva Phonics constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
By completing the registration and completing payment with a credit/debit card you authorize Viva Phonics to automatically charge you the membership fee for the membership you selected upon registration.
(a) When you subscribe to a paid membership subscription, we immediately charge the weekly, monthly, or yearly fee for your plan to your credit card or other payment method we have on file.
(b) We charge the weekly, monthly, or yearly fee for your subscription fee to your credit card or other payment method we have on file.
(c) You authorize us to charge the payment method we have on file, regardless of whether the information associated with such payment method has changed, including but not limited to the expiration date of a credit card. You are responsible for updating us about any changes to the payment method that we have on file.
Accuracy of Billing and Account Information
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made with Viva Phonics. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
We reserve the right to change our membership plans or adjust pricing for our services or any components thereof in any manner and at any time. Any price changes or changes to your reading plan will take effect following notice to you.
5. Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
You acknowledge that Viva Phonics is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your account. Viva Phonics and its associates reserve the right to refuse or cancel service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
6. Student Access
We aim to create and maintain the safest possible environment for children and take very seriously the responsibilities to safeguard and protect the interests of all young people who use our Services and the Site.
Our records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than the appropriate authorities if legally required to do so. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail.
You can review how we use the information collected about your child here: https://vivaphonics.com/coppa-compliance/
7. Tutoring Memberships
These guidelines govern tutoring memberships;
We must value each other’s time.
If a tutoring session is canceled on less than 24 hours notice, it will be regarded as a completed session. A makeup session will not be offered.
If a tutoring session is missed without notice, it will be regarded as a completed session. A makeup session will not be offered.
It is important to be logged in on time. Missed minutes will not be made up.
Cancellation of Scheduled Session by Us
Should we need to cancel a scheduled session, that session will be rescheduled and the rescheduled session will take place within 7 days of the original canceled session. The rescheduled session may be led by any reading tutor contracted by Viva Phonics. All reading tutors are trained and highly qualified to lead reading sessions.
During the holiday periods, schedule changes should be discussed and arranged in advance with your assigned reading tutor. Viva Phonics will make schedule arrangements with you prior to non-operating days.
Cancellations of Services and Refund Policy
For Tutoring Memberships – One-on-one sessions that are included in your plan must be completed before the billing period ends. Viva Phonics does not provide refunds or credit for any unused or partially used reading plans. To cancel your membership log onto your account at vivaphonics.com/login/, click on the Account menu option and cancel your membership under the Subscriptions heading.
With prior notice to parents/guardian; Viva Phonics may;
- Record tutoring sessions with parent permission for training purposes
- Have a senior instructor observe a session to oversee quality purposes and help teachers improve their instruction skills.
8. Access and License Grant to you.
Upon registration and payment, Viva Phonics will grant you a personal, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to access the Website and to use any of our services. This does not grant you any ownership interest in any portion from the website. Access to the website is personal and use of the resources is limited to non-commercial use. All rights not explicitly granted are reserved for Viva Phonics. If you breach any of our usage guidelines and/or engage in conduct that causes the Viva Phonics to believe that such conduct may harm us or our business interests, we reserve the discretionary right to revoke your license and/or access to use our website. Failure by us to revoke your license or restrict access does not act as a waiver of your conduct.
9. Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and all of the contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by VIVA PHONICS, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms and Conditions grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site. You may access the material on the Sites only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on the Site, except as incidental to normal web browsing, such as the making of temporary copies in RAM or the cache of your Internet browser.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Site.
- Reverse-engineer or otherwise attempt to steal the software code of the Site.
- Use any resources for commercial purposes.
Any use of the Site not expressly permitted by these Terms of Conditions is a breach of these Terms of Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
11. Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others.
- To harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability
- To submit false or misleading information
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Company’s Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Use the Website on a computer that is used to operate nuclear facilities, life support, or other mission critical applications where life or property may be at stake.
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, sell, lease, loan, distribute, or create derivative works or improvements to the Website or any portion of it
- Attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security of, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Website
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials on the Website.
- Access our Website in an attempt to build a similar or other competitive product
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
12. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of the Website users(clients). YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY, IT’S AFFILIATES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. The Company has not reviewed the sites linked to its Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Viva Phonics of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk. The Company assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any such links or third parties referenced in the website. The Company has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites
14. User Comments, Feedback and Other Submissions
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
15. Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
16. Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
17. Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
18. Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part of any such link or post. This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to this Website.
- Send emails or other communications on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at our discretion.
19. Geographic Restrictions
The Service is controlled, operated and administered by Viva Phonics from our offices within the USA. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You agree that you will not use the Viva Phonics Content accessed through vivaphonics.com in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties
We strive to provide the best possible service to all students we serve. However, we cannot guarantee specific outcomes as a result of the reading services.
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our online service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
Your use of the website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The website, its content, and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither Viva Phonics nor any person associated with the company makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the website. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
21. Limitation on Liability
VIVA PHONICS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY CHARACTER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
VIVA PHONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR PLAN WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR YOUR PLAN.
The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
24. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
25. Waiver and Severability
26. Entire Agreement
27.Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Viva Phonics.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org