Last Revised December 29, 2021
Viva Phonics operates https://vivaphonics.com/ website, which provides the service.
Viva Phonics (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you (“Client”/“User”) or that you may provide when you visit the website https://vivaphonics.com/ (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is intended for children under 13 years of age. However, parental control and support is required when using the site. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
To comply with this rule, we have created special policies for the online collection, use, and disclosure of information from children under 13 years of age on our website, available at https://vivaphonics.com/coppa-compliance/. Please read this COPPA policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your child’s information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
At Viva Phonics, we may collect Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personal Identifiable (“Non-PII”) information from you. Personal Identifiable Information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-Personal Identifiable Information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you.
Personal Identifiable Information Collected
You may be required to provide us with PII information when you visit our Website. In order to fully use our website and the services offered by the Company, we may collect PII such as your name, email, telephone number and address. We may also collect your relevant payment or credit card information if you wish to pay for any services offered via the website. Please be aware that all payment information shall be stored and processed by our third-party payment processors. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in and benefiting from certain services offered by the company through the website.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect Non-PII from you, such as your IP address, browser name, zip code, browsing history, search history, and registration history, interactions with the website, usage information, location, referring URL, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet service provider. We may also collect information including but not limited to messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from you such as feedback and surveys.
How we collect this information:
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Log data. Whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- How We Use Your Information
For a better experience, while using our Service, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website, its contents and our services to you.
- To contact or identify you or your child
- To provide a completely personalized education experience for each child
- To provide real-time reporting and progress updates for you, the parent or legal guardian.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
As a general rule, the Company will not share or sell any client information collected except as maybe otherwise stated hereunder.
We may disclose aggregated information about our clients, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Viva Phonics’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Viva Phonics about our clients and Website clients is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Viva Phonics, our clients, or others.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us through sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Retention of PII
Viva Phonics will only retain your PII for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
- For any legally required duration.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your PII.
- Upon your request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of you PII stored with us.
Where you have requested modification or deletion of your PII, we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure.
- Data Security
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions, as provided by our third party service providers, will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Links to Other Sites
- Merger and Acquisition
In the event that Viva Phonics is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
- Contact Information