Protecting Your Child’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy), “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children”). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
1. Website operators
The Company Website is operated by Viva Phonics and certain service providers of the Company, including, but not limited to, payment, advertising, promotional, internet, and public relations service providers (collectively “Service Providers”). In this Policy, the Company and its Service Providers are referred to collectively as “we” or “our.” The Company is the sponsor of the Company Website and Service Providers will host Company Websites and provide customer service support for Company Websites when necessary. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or any other matter in connection with the Website, please contact us via: email@example.com.
2. Information we collect from children
Children and/or parents can access many parts of the Website and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users and require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Website. You are always free to decline cookies, but in doing so your child may not be able to use certain features on our Website.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to fully participate in the online learning activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
3. Information we collect directly
4. How we use your child’s information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Viva Phonics online learning website
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the learning platform
- track his or her performance in learning activities
- Schedule and conduct online classes
5. Our practices for disclosing your child’s information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our website and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal processes, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Viva Phonics, our customers, or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the website, or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
6. Accessing and correcting your child’s personal information
At any time, we allow parents to manage their personal information or opt-in preferences by logging into the account created during registration. You may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting us to review, change, or delete your child’s personal information.
We may send service-related e-mails and SMS text messages to registrants. These may include a welcome message and other non-promotional e-mails or text messages, from which no opt-out option is provided. The Company may discontinue any or all of the Company Web sites and any related activities at any time and for any reason.
If you wish to opt-out of future promotional e-mails or SMS text messages, you may request to unsubscribe within each promotional e-mail or SMS text message.
7. Changes to this policy
8. Third-party websites
To the extent that any of the third-party sites accessible through the Company Website have different privacy practices from those stated in this Policy, those third-party privacy practices govern the collection and use of information you provide when visiting those sites. The Company is not responsible for the policies, content, and practices of third-party Web sites to which the Company Web sites may link and you should refer to those sites’ privacy policies to learn how they collect and use personal information.